Sunday, December 6, 2015

Starred Freewrite 1

(Unfortunately I do not have any other "Starred" freewrites that I remember.)

Being sent out while exhausted both physically and mentally leads to dark roads while writing. The duck pond became not a place of rest but a place of rot and decay, a grim reminder of mortality.
I would rather not tackle such topics, of blood to soft loam to stone. I would rather not speak of creation brought to ruin. I would rather not entertain death.
Yet the particles underneath my feet, the damp smell in the air from the rain left that in my mind. Shreds of plant and refuse giving way to my weight, powerless under entropy yet fundamental in the foundation of new growth.
Wow I am tired right now.
I am clear in growth surrounded by the dead, far from the waxing crescent of my life far in the future, the short duration of life present in co-existing body and soul. But I seek out to continue in soul in the works I create and the impact I have.


I will be more than debris.


No comments:

Post a Comment